ACTION ALERT: Join NC Justice Center in urging lawmakers to protect homeowners and homebuyers from predatory real estate practices
Next Tuesday, May 25th, the NC House Committee on Financial Institutions will meet to discuss SB1015, The Homeowner and Homebuyer Protection Act, sponsored by Senator Josh Stein. This bill would prohibit foreclosure rescue scams and create reasonable regulation and standards for option to purchase or "rent to own" contracts and contracts for deeds. These scams and unscrupulous real estate transactions are used to exploit and manipulate families struggling to pay a home loan or families who are having trouble obtaining a loan to purchase a home.
Please act today!
Contact the members of the House Financial Institutions Committee and urge them to vote YES on SB1015 next Tuesday.
* Rep. Hugh Holliman, Chair, Hugh.Holliman@ncleg.net, 919-715-0873 (Davidson)
* Rep. Harold Brubaker, Vice-Chair, Harold.Brubaker@ncleg.net, 919-715-4946 (Randolph)
* Rep. Becky Carney, Vice-Chair, Becky.Carney@ncleg.net, 919-733-5827 (Mecklenburg)
* Rep. Larry Hall, Vice-Chair, Larry.Hall@ncleg.net, 919-733-5872 (Durham)
* Rep. Arthur Williams, Vice-Chair, Arthur.Williams@ncleg.net, 919-733-5906 (Beaufort, Pitt)
* Rep. Tricia Cotham, Tricia.Cotham@ncleg.net, 919-715-0706 (Mecklenburg)
* Rep. Jerry Dockham, Jerry.Dockham@ncleg.net, 919-715-2526 (Davidson)
* Rep. Beverly Earle, Beverly.Earle@ncleg.net, 919-715-2530 (Mecklenburg)
* Rep. Pryor Gibson, Pryor.Gibson@ncleg.net, 919-715-3007 (Anson, Union)
* Rep. Rick Glazier, Rick.Glazier@ncleg.net, 919-733-5601 (Cumberland)
* Rep. Robert Grady, Robert.Grady@ncleg.net, 919-715-9644 (Onslow)
* Rep. Maggie Jeffus, Maggie.Jeffus@ncleg.net, 919-733-5191 (Guilford)
* Rep. Daniel McComas, Danny.McComas@ncleg.net, 919-733-5786 (New Hanover)
* Rep. Wil Neumann, Wil.Neumann@ncleg.net, 919-733-5868 (Gaston)
* Rep. Johnathan Rhyne, Johnathan.Rhyne@ncleg.net, 919-733-5782 (Lincoln)
* Rep. Mitchell Setzer, Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net, 919-733-4948 (Catawba, Iredell)
* Rep. Tim Spear, Tim.Spear@ncleg.net, 919-715-3029 (Chowan, Dare, Hyde, Washington)
* Rep. Thom Tillis, Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net, 919-733-5828 (Mecklenburg)
* Rep. William Wainwright, William.Wainwright@ncleg.net, 919-733-5995 (Craven, Lenoir)
Please also contact:
* Rep. Joe Hackney, Speaker of the House, Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net, 919-733-3451 (Chatham, Moore, Orange)
We're telling legislators the following: In these challenging economic times, as many North Carolinians face lost jobs and the threat of foreclosure, we must make sure that struggling homeowners and aspiring homebuyers are protected from predatory real estate practices. Vote yes on the Homeowner and Homebuyer Protection Act SB1015 to protect the economic well-being of your community and your constituents.
For more information, contact Alfred Ripley, email@example.com, 919.856.2573.
Please send this important message, and feel free to add your own stories as well.