UPDATE 9-10-09: Cass Sunstein was confirmed to serve as the Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management and Budget by a vote of 57-40.
UPDATE 9-10-09: Yesterday, the Senate invoked cloture on the nomination of Cass Sunstein by a vote of 63 to 35 (Roll Call 273). This means that the Senate achieved the 3/5 of the Senate threshold to stop debate and proceed to final passage. The final up or down vote on Cass Sunstein will likely occur soon, so please continue calling your Senators' offices.
Senators to target include the Republicans who supported cloture, as well as a handful of moderate Democrats:
Lincoln (D-AR) opposed cloture
Pryor (D-AR) opposed cloture
Webb (D-VA) opposed cloture
September 9, 2009
Congress is back, and one of the Senate's first orders of business is to vote on one of President Obama's appointed "Czars" to be the next head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) within the White House Office of Management and Budget. President Obama has nominated his "Regulatory Czar," Cass Sunstein, to this powerful position within the Executive Branch.
Since 1990, Cass Sunstein has written 35 books which advocate changes to U.S. law in the following issue areas:
- Expanding radical animal rights, specifically granting the right to legally sue to animals and banning hunting.
- Rationing medical care for the elderly as a major component of health care reform legislation.
- Increasing gun control legislation because he views "almost all gun control legislation as constitutionally fine."
- Advocating federal law to provide for 'presumed consent' rather than 'explicit consent' for human organ donation to science after death.
- Censoring freedom of speech, particularly on the internet to crack down on "falsehoods" and "rumors."
Of course, these are just the tip of the iceberg! Cass Sunstein is yet another radically left-wing Obama "Czar" who will be in a powerful position to make decisions about how Obama's loosely-defined health care policies are "regulated" from within the White House!
The Senate has scheduled a vote on Cass Sunstein today!
Please call your Senators' offices NOW and tell them you expect them to oppose and vote NO on Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs!
Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121